The Place for Distinctive Senior Living
Bishop Spencer Place, near the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City, offers a vibrant, independent lifestyle for active seniors, backed by a full continuum of health care in connection with Saint Luke’s Health System.
Bishop Spencer Place is a faith-based, continuing care community for persons who seek retirement care and health services in a life-engaging, secure and family-oriented environment.
Bishop Spencer Place is affiliated with the Episcopal Diocese of West Missouri (the Diocese). Services for various denominations are held in our beautiful on-site chapel.
Our close association with Saint Luke’s brings a special quality to our understanding of your needs and our ability to meet them.
Management staff members at Bishop Spencer Place are among the most dedicated, experienced, compassionate people you’ll find at any area senior living community.
We know how important your privacy is to you. Through this website, we may collect the email addresses of those who communicate with us via email, as well as information volunteered by the site visitor.
View press releases and news articles about Bishop Spencer Place.
The Place for the Care You Need
As a continuing care retirement community (CCRC), Bishop Spencer Place offers comprehensive on-site senior health care. This means you can live the life you want, with more choices on how to spend your time and less worry about the future. Even if your needs change, your address won’t.
The Place for Quality
Bishop Spencer Place is a member of LeadingAge, an association of not-for-profit organizations dedicated to making America a better place to age. Through our Quality First covenant through LeadingAge, we have a special stewardship responsibility to maintain:
- Continuous quality improvement
- Public disclosure and accountability
- Consumer and family rights
- Workforce excellence
- Community involvement
- Ethical practices
- Financial integrity
LeadingAge is dedicated to creating the future of aging services through quality people can trust.
The Place That Has It All
Considered alone or together, here are the Top Ten reasons Bishop Spencer Place is so unique:
- Ideal Kansas City location near the Country Club Plaza
- Accomplished and interesting residents
- Fine dining service through PB&J, owners of local quality restaurants
- Family-oriented environment
- Not-for-profit community governed by volunteer board of directors — all money residents pay goes toward enhancing the community and lifestyle
- Atmosphere of genuine respect and caring for each other
- Unique blend of resident services, including in-home private-duty care through Windsor Care
- Connection with Saint Luke’s Health System (Saint Luke’s Hospital, Saint Luke’s Home Care and Hospice, Saint Luke’s Foundation)
- Affiliation with Episcopal Diocese of West Missouri
- Benevolent care for residents who outlive their resources
Contact us to learn more about senior living in Kansas City at Bishop Spencer Place.