Skilled Nursing & Rehab:
The Place to Be for 5-Star Care
For short-term rehabilitation or long-term comprehensive medical care, York Place Skilled Nursing & Rehab at Bishop Spencer Place is the place to be. In addition to a professional staff and the latest technologies and equipment, we offer comfort, security and engagement with others.
Plus, our close association with Saint Luke's Health System helps us coordinate senior care with many of the area's best physicians, hospitals and other health care providers.
We specialize in short-term rehabilitation, discharge planning, and returning people to their home. In fact, our return-to-home success rate and hospital readmission rate both consistently trend better than the national average. This is achieved through the work of our on-site physical, speech, and occupational rehabilitative therapy services, which are provided by Select Rehabilitation. The Select Rehabilitation therapists on-site at Bishop Spencer Place have more than 130 years of combined experience in rehab.
York Place Skilled Nursing and Rehab at Bishop Spencer Place has achieved a Five-Star Quality Rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) - Medicare’s highest, Five-Star rating! This rating is a reflection of our community’s ongoing commitment to our long-term residents, as well as those that join us during a short-term rehab stay to obtain the highest level of excellence.
We are pleased to offer families peace of mind, knowing their loved ones are receiving compassionate and unparalleled quality care. Click here to read a fact sheet with more information.
As a not-for-profit, faith-based community affiliated with Saint Luke’s Hospital, residents, families and professionals can relax knowing they are making a Five-Star decision when they choose York Place at Bishop Spencer Place. View our York Place brochure.
Bishop Spencer Place Receives Highest Rating from U.S. News & World Report
Click here to read our full review on the U.S. News & World Report website!
Meet Our Team
Peter Holt, MD
Skilled Nursing Care Team:
Melissa Steck, BSW, LNHA, CASP
Vice President of Health Administration
Mike Boggs, RN
Kim Newell, RN
Director of Nursing
Assistant Director of Nursing
Gina Hopkins, LPN
Social Worker: Short-Term Rehab/Medicare
Nicole LaPointe, Manager & Registered Occupational Therapist; 19 years
- Registered Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Registered Occupational Therapists
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Speech Language Pathologists
Additional On-Site Specialists:
- Registered Dietitian
- Wound Care Physician
Skilled Nursing & Rehab Services & Amenities
At York Place Skilled Nursing & Rehab, you have access to the same services and amenities available to all residents of our community, whether you're here for short-term rehab or long-term care. Here are some other helpful facts:
Suite Amenities & Services
- Private and semi-private suites
- Three nutritious meals daily plus snacks, through a flexible dining program provided onsite by PB&J Restaurants
- 24-hour onsite RN coverage
- Medication administration & monitoring
- Therapy: physical, occupational & speech
- Coordination of on-site lab, x-ray, therapy, podiatry, audiology, ophthalmology & dental services
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, eating & personal appointments
- Programs: fitness, entertainment & educational
- Emergency call & wander management systems
- Spas: modern, private & in a tranquil atmosphere
- Admission transportation free of charge
- Transportation: complimentary to & from Saint Luke's Hospital & KU Medical Center (additional cost for other trips)
- Adjustable care bed & linens
- Nightstand, guest chair & personal closet
- Spacious bathroom with storage cabinet & linens
- Valance & window treatments
- Wall-mounted flat screen TVs with cable (fee may apply)
- Free telephone with private number & free long distance
- Free Wi-Fi
- Smoke alarms & sprinkler systems
- Security system & 24-hour security staff
- Housekeeping & laundry service
- Beautifully-landscaped gardens & courtyard
- Spiritual wellness: on-site chapel & pastoral care
- Entertainment & gathering spaces
- Computer lab
- On-site banking & notary service
- Casual-style dining in the Bistro (additional cost)
- Salon: full-service beauty & barber (additional cost)
Medicare covers certain skilled care services that are needed daily on a short-term basis (up to 100 days) if you meet Medicare's skilled benefit requirements.
For more information on the top-quality skilled nursing and short-term rehab care at York Place, contact us.
Get an Up-Close Look without Leaving your Seat
Click on the buttons below to take a look at our York Place Skilled Nursing & Rehab area. Be sure to click on the “Info” buttons within each virtual tour to learn more details about that space!